In this episode I have the pleasure to chat with Todd Flory. Todd is a 4th grade teacher from Kansas. He is doing some amazing work in regards to global education.
This was a fun episode as we explore the ins and outs of expanding your classroom beyond the four walls. This topic has been covered many times, but Todd brings a new level to the conversation as we discuss
- How do you find another classroom to connect with?
- How do you go about finding experts to speak to your students?
- The benefits of mystery skype
- What happens when a global learning moment ignites a spark for a student?
- His latest project of doing a Skype BreakoutEDU
- How to connect global projects to the standards
There are plenty of examples to get you started.
You can find more about Todd at the following
- Skype in the Classroom – this page will help you find other classrooms and experts from around the world
- Get Started Resources
- Skypeathon Event
- Flattening Classrooms by Vicki Davis and Julie Lindsay
- The Global Educator: Leveraging Technology