I am so pumped to share this episode with everyone. Sarah Loomis is an educator that has inspired so many people to be great. I was lucky to meet her this past summer in Colorado and her presentation on Makerspaces and Literacy has motivated me to create these experiences myself by using her ideas and testing out some new ones.
You can find Sarah on Twitter at @dodeastoy2015FOLLOWS She is a Department of Defense Instructional Tech Coach working in Germany. She is also a DoDEA Teacher of the Year, MIE Expert #, MIE Surface Expert #, Microsoft Cert. Ed, and SMART Exemplary Ed #
My favorite part of this podcast is when she talks about a student who says
and the one question that has stuck with me
In this podcast you will learn about
- Makerspaces and how to make it work with limited supplies
- How to connect books to making
- The power of the lightbulb moment
- How to help students see the world in a new way
- If we don’t limit students, then they will soar
- The importance of wanting students to be creators, not just consumers.
- Two important rules to have in your space