I have not actually done an author interview in quite some time. I was all over the interviews last year and this year time keeps escaping. I need more than 24 hours in my day to get everything done that I want to get accomplished.
However, I am back on track and with a wonderful and amazing author Crystal Marcos. I read her novel, Bellyache, back during the Cybils. It is a very fun and entertaining story dealing with candy. You can check my book review here.
In the meantime, Crystal has been so nice to answer a wide range of questions for you guys. Go ahead and check out the interview below.
Additionally, I am giving away a copy of the book along with a bookmark. I want to be able to her out as she is a great person.
To enter for the giveaway all you have to do is the following:
You have to be a follower in order to win!!!!
Leave a comment with any of the following
1. An email address for me to contact you if you win. +1
2. A list of your favorite candy. +1
3. Any spread of word of the interview and giveaway. +1 for each one such as Twitter, Facebook, blog, etc.
4. Anything else that you think I would enjoy and if I do I will give you some more votes.
The winner will be announced on Valentine’s Day, February 14th.
Here is the interview. Enjoy!
1. Growing up, when I was reading books I never really even considered authors to be human. I never gave a thought to actually talking to them or sending them letters. Now authors do interviews (like this), Skype conferences, blogs, email, etc. How does the utilization of all the latest technology and internet help you as a writer?
2. Bellyache is a fun and entertaining read. How did you come up with this idea?
3. I loved the twist of the story with the candy and vegetable. How did you decided which candy to use? Was it random or a combo of your favorites?
5. Looking at your website I read that you like to sing and dance. What songs do you like to dance to and/or sing to?
6. What surprised you most as you were writing this novel?
7. What is your favorite aspect to being a writer?
8. I recently read a book title, Six Word Memoirs, which has a website. If you had to write your memoir in six words, what would you write?
10. Do you listen to music when write? If so, what would be a playlist on your ipod?
Here are some additional random questions that you could answer if you feel like it (though not really necessary, but students always want me to add when I interview authors). These are just a bunch of fun random questions that kids love to read.
3. Favorite Holiday movie or tv special? I love just about all Holiday movies.
5. Can you do push ups? If yes, how many? Yes, only a few.
8. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? This interview is fun. What time is it? I am kind of hungry.
10. Dum da dum dummmm what is that? Is that a cell phone ring tone? =)
16. Would you be a pirate? I was for Halloween two years ago. We always have a themed haunted garage at our house every year. It is so much fun!
17. What was the last song that was stuck in your head? My daughter’s favorite show is Yo Gabba Gabba. There is this song called, “You Can’t Always Get What You Want.” It is very catchy.
18. What’s in your pocket right now? Don’t have any pockets.
20. What is your favorite candy? I pretty much like anything covered in chocolate!
23. What is your favorite book of all time? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
24. If you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be and why? I would love to meet Roald Dahl. It would be fun to talk children’s books with him.
25. What would we find in your refrigerator right now? Tonight’s leftovers, Spaghetti.