1. I am putting the finishing touches on the latest mixtape covering Sad Songs A-Z. If you have any sad song suggestions please get those in the comments so I can think about using them. I have a few more to go and then I will upload to the blog. Great mixtape them Frankie!
2.I have decided to begin to tackle another challenge/project. I want to trace my family tree. Any suggestions, thoughts, resources, advice,etc. please leave in the comments. Not really sure how to get started on this project.
3. Round 3 judges will be submitting reviews and book selections this week so stay tuned. The winner is getting closer.
4. I will be posting the top 10 songs for the upcoming week as well. Submit to me a random year for me to use.
5. Bellyache book giveaway is coming to a close here on the 14th. Submit your info to be entered. Great book and great author.
6. What is your weather like? Submit photos to email@example.com
7. Last little project. I will be asking you to take a picture of what you are reading this weekend. Take a picture and flip to a random page to submit a line, quote, or passage from that page.
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The title of your email will be your post title. Please include Weekend Reading 2.5.11 in title
Attach a photo of book or you reading or whatever you feel like sharing
In body of email include the passage from your random page. This can be a book or magazine.
I will compile all responses and format them all together.
I thought this would be a great way to share the great stuff we are all reading on this cold weekend.
Alright, 7 things for you to try out this weekend. I look forward to hearing from all of you in one way or another.
I correspond with some many people on a daily basis either via Twitter, Facebook, this blog, my wiki, email, etc.
I am currently taking part in the Lunchbox Project and this project is opening my eyes to some great technological ways to communicate.
One of these is a blog service called Posterous. I love it.
I have created my own Posterous where I hope to have a place for all of us to share our ideas, culture, location, festival/holidays, language, jobs, etc.
check out the link. Leave a video of yourself, a picture of yourself or you location, a little post for the students to respond to or learn from.
You can always go to the international wiki www.coffeechug.wikispaces.com and leave your voice and all the other great things going on there as well.
I look forward to putting a face to all of you who I communicate and hopefully learn more about where we live.
Students this could be a great learning opportunity for you as well.
This was the first book I read as part of my Back in the Day Reading Challenge. I chose this book for a couple reasons
1. This was one of the first series that I loved reading as a kid.
2. This series helped me to find the Mouse and the Motorcycle series
3. I thought my children would like me to read these stories to them.
We started to read this book at night before bed. Aiden loved to listen about Ramona and all the problems she caused. I have vivid memories of thinking she was the greatest and how I wanted a friend like her. So when the book arrived from the library I was excited. Quickly I realized that I don’t have the same sentiments about Ramona now as I did as a kid. The key element here is my age. As a kid you can relate to Ramona and struggling with a sibling and just trying to find ways to stay entertained. As a parent/adult I kept thinking if my child acted this way I would not be anywhere near as patient as the mother. She is so calm throughout. She does not even get upset when Ramona invites 10 kids over for a party that the mother knew nothing about. I would blow up! She even counts to 10. I count to 3 with my kids and sometimes that is too much time.
All in all, Ramona was not quite as cool as I used to think. I realized why I liked it back when I was young. With each chapter being its own short story in the life of Ramona is makes it easy for younger kids like my own to listen and process. It is not a book where they must remember what we read a week ago. I will go ahead and read the rest because this book I don’t particularly remember like I do Ramona, Age 8 and some of the others. However, it was nice to travel down memory lane. I just purchased Hardy Boys book 1 and as soon as that comes in I will begin this voyage next.