Finally, the Lego kit I have been waiting for has arrived and I had time to actually build it the other day.
I am talking about the amazing Back To The Future DeLorean Time Machine. I will start off by stating that I loved this kit and love this build. If you are a fan of the movie, then this is a MUST HAVE!
Let me share some photos so you can see how cool it really is so you can justify buying one for yourself or kids.
The booklet had some great information in it besides the instruction build. It was a joy to read.
Of course my guilty pleasure are minifigs so I just love these two! You can rotate the head to unveil different facial expressions which is very cool indeed!
And of course the wheels fold in for flying perfection!
Here is a top view
I loved it. It was not a complicated build, but one that I enjoyed doing. The moving pieces make this cool whether the wheels, the doors, or other items. If you can get your hands on this one, then I suggest you get one.
Now onwards to figure out how to connect it to a EV3 brick to give it some actual speed!
Here are the specs on the kit from Lego.com
Travel Back to the Future with the awesome DeLorean time machine!
Build your very own miniature version of the iconic DeLorean time machine that Dr. Emmett ‘Doc’ Brown and Marty McFly famously used to travel Back to the Future! Selected by LEGO® CUUSOO members, this amazing model features lots of cool details, like opening gull-wing doors, fold-up wheels, flux capacitor, time travel display and 2 license plates. We’ve also included extra engines and wheels so you can recreate the different variants of the time-traveling car featured in the Back to the Future movies! Finally, this unique set also includes a fascinating booklet containing production notes, original images and fun details from the movies. Includes 2 minifigures: Marty McFly and Doc Brown.
• Includes 2 minifigures: Marty McFly and Doc Brown
• Features opening gull-wing doors, fold-up wheels, flux capacitor, time travel display and 2 license plates
• Also includes Marty’s skateboard as well as extra engine and wheels
• Customize the car to match the movie versions
• Step on the gas and prepare to travel Back to the Future
• Open the gull-wing doors, just like the real car!
• Fold up the wheels and engage hover mode
• Jump on the skateboard and pull some tricks
• Build the model that LEGO® CUUSOO members requested!
• Includes building instructions and exclusive Back to the Future information booklet
• Car measures over 2” (6cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide