I came across this little activity this morning while getting some work done for a class I am taking(I know my attention span is just terrible these days).
Anyways you are supposed to answer the questions and read the words below and record yourself.
Here you go. Do you think I have an accent?
Feel free to do the same project and leave a link in the comment box so I can check your video/audio out.
You can see other accents here http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/accent+meme but I wanted to post here on my blog so there you have it.
- Your name and username.
- Where you’re from.
- Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, GPOY.
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
- Choose a book and read a passage from it.
- Do you think you have an accent?