Just this past weekend we went back to my home in Indiana to pick up my kids after they spent a few days with the grandparents. My parents live on several acres so I brought back my quadcopter to get some flying in and more importantly I knew my dad would love to fly it around.
We flew for about 3-4 hours of flight time which is not too bad considering the batteries last about 18-20 minutes. During this time we test many features that I will have to go back and shoot some video for at a later date.
- turned off the controller to see if it would fly back home and it did
- we kept it in the air until the battery died and watched it land itself
- worked to understand the various color lights underneath
- learned how to basically control the quadcopter
- tested how it would hold up against crashing into a tree
- felt the panic of a low storm cloud pass and lose complete sight of the quadcopter
- understand depth perception while chasing hawks
- learned how to scan the field for deer
- learned my parents have an M on their barn
This video is just a short compilation of various pieces of photos and video
I hope to get back soon so we can run some new tests and capture better video