|“It’s the age-old tale:
Boy meets girl.
Boy stalks girl.
Girl already has a stalker.
Boy becomes her stalker-stalker.”
It’s hard to believe, but it’s been a year since I handed in the final proofs. To celebrate this, and the fact that Gomez just became a finalist in 2010’s Best Book Awards, I decided to throw Gomez a birthday party (or a BirdDay party, as we say in the Netherlands). As I’ve had a debilitating fear of throwing parties and no-one showing up since early childhood, I’d be more than delighted if you could come! (Read more about the book here. )
Of course, with every cool international party comes a gift bag. Here’s just some of the stuff attendants will get:
- ‘Unspent time’ exclusive short story collection
- No Hope for Gomez: The Lost Chapters
- Making of Gomez: behind the scenes eBook
- Signed, hi-res poster + bookplate
(These are all exclusive items and will not be available again.)
Additionally, several lucky attendants will win a Kindle or an iPod!
You can bring as many friends as you like, just don’t bring your crazy uncle who drinks too much and then tries to get me to go to the attic with him to see something wonderful. I’ve fallen for that before and I don’t mind telling you, I came away very disappointed!
Here’s how you become a Party Go-er:
– Simply purchase your copy of No Hope from Amazon on Thursday December 2nd and forward your receipt to email@example.com
(Of course, multiple purchases count as multiple raffle entries so get a few extra as Christmas gifts to kill several birds with one stone 🙂
An additional Kindle and iPod will be raffled among those Party Go-ers who bring the most friends to the party:
– Send your list of invited friends to the same email address so we can match them up with their receipts. You both get an additional entry.
Mystery Prize for Party Go-ers who are Bloggers or Twits:
– If you also Twitter, Blog, or Facebook about this party, your enter the Mystery Prize raffle. Use buttons on this page or the link: www.grahamparke.blogspot.com
Click the friendly buttons to tweet/track this event:
(ps: keep your amazon shipping confirmation to claim your prizes)