This show will focus on the following 5 questions based on my prior podcast on Passion
Questions/thoughts I have been thinking about:
1. How can I balance a passion with reality? Seems like when I have a passion, it can turn in to an obsession where I am thinking about the topic and wanting to work on various tasks related to the topic all of the time, which can then take away from time I need to be spending with my family and the mundane chores (dishes, laundry, etc.) that need to be done. I’ve been trying to think of ways to balance the two.
2. If I am in one of the “valleys” where I don’t seem to be passionate about anything, how can I get “fired up” again? Maybe watch motivational videos, reading blogs, keep up on the latest and newest technologies?
3. Can passion turn into stress if I get too absorbed? (Back to the whole finding a balance idea)
4. How can I address 100+ students’ passion in my classroom? I am brainstorming ideas for projects where students can work on a topic that they are passionate about.
5. I am still thinking about the question, “What is my wow?” I am wondering if it would be beneficial to do an activity with my team where we share with other team members what we see as their strengths. For me, it is easier to see other people’s strengths than my own. This might help to identify my wow.
Theme Song: All credit goes to