I really hesitated in piecing this together and then sharing online. I am in the same mindset as Krissy Venosdale when she tweets and posts her amazing posts on Instagram when she says, “You are so much more than a number”. She also has an amazing piece on Facebook going into more detail about the thoughts behind this quote in relation to how kids value themselves as a person.
I want to clarify that this was not put together for me to gain value based on likes, retweets, favorites, and views. I always look at the metrics each year to see how my journey of learning and sharing has grown. What I find fascinating is how my journey of learning continues to unfold.
When I started blogging many years ago it was to share book reviews of young adult books to inspire them to read. As I have changed roles in education and morphed into new learning opportunities and passions, my sharing of my learning has changed as well.
What I find fascinating every year is what people click and read the most vs. what I believe are my most powerful pieces. Every single year I see such a stark contrast. The pieces that I believe are important for conversation and thinking rarely make the cut. Often times they are safe pieces that don’t rattle the cages too much.
Typically, I will only look at my blog, but this year I analyzed more. I had a goal this past year to really develop my YouTube presence in sharing DIY Maker activities and I achieved this goal. In many ways, it is becoming my main platform as I continue to want to inspire others to make, experiment, build, and code.
Check out the pieces below. This is what people enjoyed the most from 2017. I look forward to 2018 and seeing where my journey leads.
- Fidget Spinners Aren’t The Problem
- 9 Ways Microsoft Surface Can Transform Your Classroom by Recording Your Teaching
- The Powerful Learning in Making a LEGO Duck
- Game Based Learning: Is It Effective Classroom Instruction?
- Office Lens + OneNote = Productivity Success!!
- 5 ways to prevent students from sharing a Google Quiz?
- Google Tutorials
- Speedgeeking 2017
- Google Classroom Open To EVERYONE! Gamechanger!!!!!!
- Amazon Echo: Could It Transform Teaching?
- Learn How To Make A LEGO Picture Frame
- ITEC 2017
- Revolution Debate: Is Revolution Justified?
- LEGO EV3
- Scratch for Arduino: LED “Sprites” in Action
- 5 ways to prevent students from sharing a Google Quiz? https://youtu.be/n9t9lvoqxv4
- Scratch 4 Arduino: 3 LED Lights https://youtu.be/kKCEea8DRbk
- Office Lens + OneNote = Productivity Success!! https://youtu.be/oDHnok7hmEs
- Fidget Spinner Tutorial Using Tinkercad! https://youtu.be/KLXQ0TJhqdw
- Bald Eagle Screech https://youtu.be/tz0Dq9tFCmo
- LEGO EV3: Move Steering Tutorial https://youtu.be/xwPA9JsY0cQ
- Raspberry Pi: GPIO Programming in Scratch https://youtu.be/A-ZgItztkMg
- Google Chrome Tip: Picture in Picture https://youtu.be/SVDpFyWv__g
- Google Sheets ImportRange Function https://youtu.be/QuOXkO40m8o
- LEGO EV3 Tutorial 3: Move Tank, Large Motor, Medium Motor https://youtu.be/xrAKWrsEwT0
- Can’t get enough of @PlayCraftLearn and #codebuilder so much potential in learning @MeenooRami #microsoftedu #iste17 pic.twitter.com/d4gUsyuyt8
- The excitement for learning at #playfullearning is why I love teaching @LEGO_Education @FIRSTweets http://ln.is/www.instagram.com/p/YfCtF …
- What I experienced at FIRST World Championships http://coffeeforthebrain.com.ln.is/5bCCQ @LEGO_Education #FIRSTChamp #FIRSTChampionship #iaedchat #stemed
- Google Chrome: Access Multiple Tabs from Other Devices http://ln.is/coffeeforthebrain.com/JW7Kz … #gttribe #gafe #gafechat #gafesummit #edtech #googledu
- Global Educators of Awesomeness Voxer Group http://wp.me/p4covo-1Px #deeperlearning #mieexpert #pbsdigitalinnovator #iaedchat #pblchat
- Another dose of deep thought by @chrisemdin #iaedchat #deeperlearning pic.twitter.com/C2yG8K6wK2
- 4 Easy & Cheap Ways to Decorate 3D Prints http://wp.me/p4covo-20Y #makered #makerspace #3Dprinting #stemed #iaedchat #fablab @tinkercad pic.twitter.com/flxwxs3VlU
- So excited to bring @SkypeClassroom to our #pbl course today with @iro_st Thank you for your time Iro! #mieexpert #sitc pic.twitter.com/2X8yH0d4uV
- Check out these awesome #LEGO Halloween builds & learn more about monthly build challenge https://www.212steamlabs.com/212-steam-blog/2017/10/31/lego-challenge-1-halloween-creations … @LEGO_Education #makered
- Fidget Spinners Aren’t The Problem http://wp.me/p4covo-1SC #iaedchat #deeperlearning #fidgetspinner #mieexpert #nccechat #stemed #makered
- 055: Living On The Edge of Chaos – Living By Leading with Laurel Braaten http://wp.me/p4covo-200 @laurelbraaten #bettpride @zakmal #iaedchat #leadership #edchat #stuvoice @IowaSLI
- Smart Home AND Smart Classrooms http://wp.me/p4covo-1Oy #iaedchat #pblchat #deeperlearning #pbsdigitalinnovator #edchat #smarthome
- LEGO EV3 Programming Tip: The Power of the Comment Block http://wp.me/p4covo-1VG @firstlegoleague @LEGO_Education #Robotics @stemed
- Perhaps my favorite education quote ever! @pernilleripp https://twitter.com/farkasstem/status/913115040210997248 …
- So excited to launch the beginning of a series of two day #makered workshops for educators. Tomorrow we begin and the site is ready https://sites.google.com/view/makeyourselfintoamaker … I welcome all feedback and look forward to adding more daily! #maker9 #stemed #iaedchat