This is a request. A major game changing request. One that I think will not only challenge some of you to actually speak up, but one that will allow honesty and truth to help shed wisdom into the minds of youth.
I am prepping a small keynote to eight student who have qualified and been nominated as part of the Daugther of the American Revolution
The DAR Good Citizens Award and Scholarship Contest, created in 1934, is intended to encourage and reward the qualities of good citizenship.
This award recognizes and rewards individuals who possess the qualities of dependability, service, leadership, and patriotism in their homes, schools, and communities. These students are selected by their teachers and peers because they demonstrate these qualities to an outstanding degree.
- This program is only open to high-school seniors whose schools are accredited by their state board of education.
- Only one student per year may be honored as a school’s DAR Good Citizen.
- United States citizenship is not required.
- Additional rules and guidelines can be acquired by contacting your local DAR chapter.
As I prepare for this speech and while flying home from Seattle on a red eye flight I had an idea. At 3 am I began to think about a lot of things. Ideas I learned at NCCE, ideas gathered from previous life experiences, and where to take things in the future. Long story short, I realized that these students AND all students need a database. They need a crowdsourced collection of truth.
They need idea that nobody is telling them about how to get things done and take things to the next level.
I started hitting up some social media channels asking for help. I realized that after doing this that what I am after is something much more. I want a living, breathing document that any educator, any student, any person can access to help them navigate all the myths and be hit hard with the truth, the passion, and wisdom of those who have made it. Those who live a life of success and realize what it takes.
So, I am asking you to contribute. To help guide and nurture the youth to make an impact. The world operates differently today. These students no longer need to wait until college or post college to get started. They should be making a name for themselves now and if they are not, then they are falling behind.
Here is how you can help.
- Open up this OneNote and find the tab that you want to contribute to and load up your knowledge
- If the OneNote does not work for you, then contact me and I will load it for you.
- Spread the message. Share with others. Use this with your students and kids. Gain their feedback. Have them contribute.
- Never stop fighting for students to lead the way to make the world the place they want it to be.
If you have questions, then connect with me. Otherwise, let us make this one amazing resource for positive change and leadership.