You are in for a treat with this episode. My great friend and educational hero, Ginger Lewman, was kind enough to spend some quality time discussing project based learning, quality learning, and a ton of other powerful concepts in this latest podcast episode.
If you have not check out her work, then you must check the resources at the bottom of this page.
I recently read her latest book and after reading the book, scribbling mass notes in the margins, and being reminded about the key things we must be doing in schools I just had to pick her brain some more.
In this episode we cover some key questions such as:
- What is project based learning?
- What are the common misunderstandings of pbl?
- Are shorter projects better?
- What is the importance of Wows, Hows, and Bows?
- How do we get started with pbl?
- How do we make pbl work within the confines of the school system?
- Why did we get into the profession of teaching in the first place?
Grab a cup of coffee, get comfortable, and be ready to gain some new ideas to enhance your practice. As always we would love feedback, questions, a nice review on iTunes, and more.
- Lessons for LifePractice Learning
- The book in Paperback or Kindle on Amazon
- PBL unit ideas: http://www.lifepracticepbl.
You have two ways to access this podcast episode as well as all previous episodes