Listen to the Show
Listen to it directly on Podomatic
In this episode we discuss:
- How do we work to change how we as coaches and teachers change our perception of teaching?
- Why we need to change the perception on how we do the things we are currently doing.
- Understand the problems when players/students don’t see the reason WHY they are being asked to do the things they are being asked to do.
- The fear of charting down the paths that nobody else is doing and dealing with the following:
- What is the biggest difference in athletic mindsets today versus 10 years or 20 years ago?
- How do we deal with the idea of continuing to do the wrong things right instead of the right things wrong?
- Why children should play multiple sports instead of specializing in one.
- What are skills needed to be successful in life and on the court?
Resources Discussed in the Podcast
Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck
Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
Check Out His books
My book review 21st Century Basketball Practice by Brian McCormick
Find Brian McCormick at the following places