It has been a few days since I have updated everyone on the status of our #bettpassion project where we worked with Angela Maiers last week to kickstart our own Choose2Matter project. Students worked on answering the question, “What Breaks Your Heart?”
Since last Tuesday students have spent time in their language arts class doing some reflecting on the day. I have compiled just a few of the reflections to give you an idea of their mindset of day. Lots of varying ideas, but in the end the students realized that they do have a GENIUS and they do have the POWER to make positive change.
After reflecting students have begun to identify their own genius and really diving into thinking about themselves and what they can contribute. We are in the process of developing a Genius Wall in our hallway. We will also be sharing these geniuses on our newly created wiki page for this project – http://bettpassion.wikispaces.com/
I would highly encourage you to follow this site. There is not much there right now, but next week things will really start to develop.
Starting this Thursday I will be working with the social studies teacher and students to begin to really start the projects. Some students are already up and running, but we want to get everyone started and make sure we look at all aspects of the projects.
Here is a breakdown of things that will be developed and shared to our project page soon.
- a #bettpassion logo to use on all our social media
- students will complete an action plan for their ideas(template to be uploaded soon)
- collection of resources and services that help aid us along the way
- video documentation from the workshop with Angela as well as our journey(we hired a professional film crew)
- Student/Group blogs to share their journey with everyone
- Rethink ideas and begin to move forward
- Begin work on Action Plan
- Problem vs. Issue
- Issue Analysis(3 of these)
- Group/Student blog
- Social Media
- Not asking for money or doing fundraisers(we want to provide a service)