I have been recording my sessions notes from conferences I have attended are all located here.
I attended the NAGC conference in Denver a few months back and with being so busy with my teaching job I have a pad of notes(actually several pads from notes from all over) that I never had a chance to type up and share.
The notes that I have are a hodgepodge of several sessions where I did not take a massive amount of notes like the other sessions.
Here they are as I work to organize and declutter my book bag and life. I hope you find something useful.
*My ideas will be italicized to separate from notes*
- Gifted education need to lead and align with general education and not be different
- Talent Development is domain specific
- with only IQ tests, it does not allow us to find their needs
- IQ is a general predictor
- Start with general thinking/problem solving, but at some time need specific needs
- Why do we always need a test? You can see it so help them!
- IQ note stable until age 7
- Kids need to be exposed to many things to find their interest???
- How do we get outside school opportunities into schools?
- Kids talent areas may be in areas that the kid does not enjoy – then what?
- How can schools entertain all talent development ideas?
- Not enough teachers know how to get the best from students
- Eminence as an outcome? Concerns??
- Intent is great, but implementation is wrong
- Eminence won’t happen in school – it will occur after they leave
- Eminence is not the ultimate goal and bookmark, but it is the vision
- Schools need to put things in place to start the process
- If meet needs of every learner, then there is no need for identification!!!
- Not about the school, but learning is about the community
- Hess – read about the study of mother’s perspective of success
- Need experts in the domains, teachers cannot know it all