Siege Weapon Contest
Launch it! Make Improvement! Launch It Again!
Are you ready for a challenge? It is time to gather supplies sitting around your house and assemble your ancient weapon for battle!
You have some options
1. Build one of the siege weapons from Mini Weapons Of Mass Destruction – Siege Warfare. Take it straight from the book or tweak it to make your own!
2. Design your own from scratch based on your learning from webinars and labs of Young Engineers of Today
3. Combine a little bit of everything from the book, your mind, online examples, etc.
The key is to apply our learning to make something AWESOME!
The contest starts today and ends next Monday, Feb 9th. by midnight eastern time.
In order to be considered for an award and one of the prizes you will need to do the following
1. Submit photos and/or video of your design to email@example.com The more the merrier to help us see your thinking, learning, and design process.
In your email please provide the following
- Email Title: Seige Weapon Contest
- Email Body:
- Attach any video or images. You can link video if size is too large.
- Your Name
- Your location
- Your Age
- Are you YEOT or non YEOT
2. Once submitted we will be looking at the following criteria to be judged equally:
- Fit and finish of your final siege weapon
- Siege weapon construction difficulty
- Improvement of the original design
So, knowing this make sure your photos and video provide us an honest look at these categories. Document your journey and results from your build!
Mr. Dubick(the guru) and myself(the apprentice) will decide on the winners. Winners will pick from the following two prizes:
There will be two categories of participants: 12 and younger and 13 and older (as of Feb 9th)
Here in Iowa we have a snow day, over a foot of snow, and sub zero temps. It is a perfect time to get started.
What are you waiting for? Get building and we look forward to your designs and action shots.